Author Sybil Barkley-Staples

Sybil Barkley-Staples is the author of two fiction novels. She'll Learn was published in November 2004 by Writers & Poets. Candy for My Soul published by JumpSis Press LLC.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Since February

Readers and friends,

Hey, it's great to find you here. So many things have gone on since my last post, which was some time ago during Oscar season. Oh well, I've been busy just know that.

Since February, I've obtained a literary agent and within two months of having her she decides to get out of the business. So, I've told myself maybe that union just wasn't meant to be.

Candy for My Soul, has been selling steadily on amazon.com and even picked up momentum on target.com of all places. They must have found out how much money I actually spend in Tar-get'.
I've been busy with my girls, but I've managed to squeeze in sometime to write. First, for all of you who are wondering...I have not completed the sequel to She'll Learn. For some reason the beginning just doesn't feel right to me and I've put it aside until I get it flowing.

I've been working on "Inner Bitter" is about 43-year old Fatima who's never been married and has two kids. She has let her life be consumed by raising her children, then when its time to let them go away to school, she realizes how lonely and bitter she has become. Fatima goes through a lot of soul searching to figure out why she's alone and then she meets a special man who tries to break down the barrier she's built around herself. Bitterness and loneliness have become apart of her, but will love be able to break through?

And, "Letter to the church" is about a small town and one of the town's largest churches. The small town has been turned upside down by the delivery of a letter to the Pastor of the church dishing dirt on the entire town. In my story I take the drama up a notch, this story I think will be the one to put me on the map so stay tuned.

I'd love to hear from you, so hit me up at sb_staples@yahoo.com.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Don said...

continued success on all of your writing endeavors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home