Author Sybil Barkley-Staples

Sybil Barkley-Staples is the author of two fiction novels. She'll Learn was published in November 2004 by Writers & Poets. Candy for My Soul published by JumpSis Press LLC.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

National Black Arts Festival 2005

On Saturday, July 16th I had the pleasure of signing books at the National Black Arts Festival in Atlanta. It was a very nice event as usual and I was amazed to see so many people taking part in the literary and art festival.

I met lots of authors, some new and some veterans. Just to name a few Donna Hill, Electa Rome Parks, Thomas Green, Gammy String (Larry Fishburne purchased the movie rights to her novel, u go girl!), Jamise Dames and Donna Hill.

I was all smiles when Chuck D of Public Enemy walked through the doors reacting to my own infectious smile. He bought lots of books and let me know about his radio show - Slam Jamz. Being the hip-hop head that I am, it was all that for me to meet one of the all time greatest rappers in existence.

Next weekend the Harlem Book Fair.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger lioness said...

yo syb,

hope all is well on ur end ma. all things are working together on my end. on my way to church but was messign around on the net and wanted to let you know that i tossed a link up for u on my page.

u be easy and stay blessed.

yak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home